Parenting is a relationship and just like any, it needs communication, patience, boundaries and sometimes an outside perspective – this is what we’re trying to do with our parent coaching, to ease communication and create a safe space for both parent and child.
Parent coaching comes with guidance and no judgment. We aim to help each family and their unique needs to help them function as a unit, the work we do here at Flora & Associates is backed by previous work, experience and studies done by those who encourage what is called Gentle Parenting.
Research shows that treating children with respect and kindness, giving them autonomy, connecting with them on an emotional level and also managing and deregulating our own stress, anger and moods can have immense positive effects on a child’s brain.
A positive, practical approach to parenting
Trusted, realistic and safe strategies, backed by the latest research
- Honing in on connection, validation and respectful communication
- Calm and confident discipline and boundary setting (without threats, timeouts, spanking or grounding)
- Perfect for parents and caregivers with children 18 months to 12 years old (a child’s most crucial developmental years)
Life-changing benefits for the whole family
Feel more confident in your parenting decisions.
- Know which strategies work (and which don’t!)
- Build a stronger and healthier relationship with your kids.
- Discipline without yelling or spanking.
- Validating their feelings for more open and understanding communication
- Make and stick to your parenting goals.
- Have a safe place to return when things get off track.